The reopening of Walt Disney World is just around the corner, but there are a few attractions that won’t be opening right away with the parks. While most attractions will be up and running next month, we noticed several missing from Disney’s list of available attractions on their website. To help you plan your upcoming trips, we’ve put together a list of all the Disney World attractions that won’t be reopening in July based on what we know so far:
As always, we encourage you to visit Disney’s website for all official information and to make sure that none of this information has changed since this article was written. We update our website and articles as often as we can, but it is always a good idea to double check Disney’s official website before booking any resort stays or visiting the Walt Disney World Resort.Article Last Updated on June 30, 2020
Attractions and Entertainment That Won’t Be Available At Walt Disney World’s Reopening
Because of the current circumstances and health concerns, it is possible (and likely) that this list may change. Some rides may become available or others may suddenly become unavailable. We are still unsure if some of these Disney World attractions and entertainment options may still be available even though they are not listed in Disney’s reopening announcement.
As it appears now, we assume that anything not listed on Disney’s Available Experiences list will remain closed during the reopening phase, so that is why we have included those experiences in our list below. Because we can’t be completely certain at this time, however, this is not a fully exhaustive or definitive guide. Instead, we have attempted to highlight what may be unavailable to help you get an idea of what you might be able to expect from your next trip should you plan on visiting the parks soon.
We will update this article if we hear of any changes about any of the attractions on this list, but we always suggest double checking Disney’s website before visiting just in case there are any last minute changes.
Rides Unavailable at Reopening:
These are the rides in each of the four parks that appear to be unavailable during this first stage of Walt Disney World’s reopening phase. We also know that FastPass+ has been put on hold for the time being and Extra Magic Hours will not be available at this time.
- Main Street Vehicles
- Stitch’s Great Escape (Believe it or not, this attraction is still listed on Disney’s website even though it closed may years ago!)
- Primeval Whirl (This attraction now operates seasonally.)
- Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure (This new ride was originally supposed to open in June of 2020. It has not been mentioned in any official reopening announcements by Disney so far, so it seems that it may remain closed for the time being.)
All rides at Hollywood Studios appear to be reopening with the parks.
Shows and Entertainment Unavailable at Reopening:
Disney has announced that parades and firework spectaculars will be temporarily suspended. We are unsure what other entertainment will be affected beyond those listed on Disney’s website. However, at this point we believe that all of the following shows and entertainment will most likely be unavailable as well:
- Electrical Water Pageant (Disney actually did announce that the Electrical Water Pageant will not be available “during the initial reopening period“.)
- Enchanted Tales with Belle
- Festival of Fantasy Parade (All regular parades have been suspended, but their will be daily character cavalcades in the parks.)
- Happily Ever After (All firework spectaculars have been suspended.)
- Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor
- Move It! Shake It! MousekeDance It! Street Party
- Once Upon a Time
- Festival of the Lion King
- Finding Nemo – The Musical
- Rivers of Light: We Are One
- Tree of Life Awakenings
- UP! A Great Bird Adventure
- Beauty and the Beast Sing-Along (Impressions de France is reopening, but it seems this show is not.)
- Eat to the Beat Concert Series (This concert series is usually a part of the International Food & Wine Festival. While a modified Food & Wine Festival will still take place this year, there will not be an Eat to the Beat Concert Series.)
- Epcot Forever (All firework spectaculars have been suspended.)
- Turtle Talk With Crush
- Beauty and the Beast – Live on Stage
- Disney Junior Dance Party!
- Disney Movie Magic
- For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along
- Indiana Jones™ Epic Stunt Spectacular!
- Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular (All firework spectaculars have been suspended.)
- Voyage of The Little Mermaid
- Wonderful World of Animation
Other Activities Unavailable at Reopening:
According to Disney, activities that are “high-touch” experiences” will not reopen at this time. Because many of the following seem to fall into that category, we believe they will most likely remain closed:
- Casey Jr. Splash ‘N’ Soak Station
- Frontierland Shootin’ Arcade
- A Pirate’s Adventure ~ Treasures of the Seven Seas
- Affection Section
- The Boneyard
- Fossil Fun Games
- Advanced Training Lab
- Bruce’s Shark World
- ImageWorks – The “What If” Labs
- Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple (This is partly a show, but it’s also an interactive activity for kids.)
Activities and Entertainment That May Be Unavailable at Reopening:
We are unsure at this time if any of the following activities and entertainment will still be available when the parks reopen. Since they are not on Disney’s reopening list, we assume that they will most likely not be available right away. Several are shows that tend to draw crowds, and others are galleries and experiences that may not allow for as much physical distancing. For that reason we’ve included them in this list. Should we hear of any of these returning when the parks reopen, we will update this article with that information:
- Casey’s Corner Pianist
- Citizens of Main Street
- The Dapper Dans
- Let the Magic Begin
- Main Street Trolley Show
- Mickey’s Royal Friendship Faire
- Winged Encounters: The Kingdom Takes Flight
- Bollywood Beats
- Pandora Drummers – Swotu Waya
- Pandora Rangers
- Tam Tam Drummers of Harambe
- Viva Gaia Street Band!
- American Heritage Gallery
- Bijutsu-kan Gallery
- Entertainment at Canada Mill Stage
- Gallery of Arts and History
- House of Whispering Willows
- Jeweled Dragon Acrobats
- Mexico Folk Art Gallery
- Rose & Crown Pub Musician
- Serveur Amusant™
- Stave Church Gallery
- Voices of Liberty
- Citizens of Hollywood
- Green Army Drum Corps
- Green Army Patrol
- Star Wars Launch Bay
We are also uncertain at this time if all of the animal exhibits at Animal Kingdom and EPCOT will reopen with the parks or if they will also be unavailable.
All standard character meet and greets will also be unavailable during Walt Disney World’s reopening phase. However, Disney has stated that characters will still be present in the parks. For more details on these new character appearances and a full list of attractions and entertainment that will be available when the parks reopen, see our “Walt Disney World Changes” article.
Overall, it seems like most attractions will still be available once the parks reopen on July 11th and July 15th, though they may have a slightly modified experience. One the other hand, it appears that most of the regular entertainment offerings will be unavailable during this initial reopening phase. However, Disney has put together some special entertainment for this time, including the brand-new character cavalcades that will make surprise appearances in each of the four parks each day. Even though it may be a while before we can hug our favorite characters again or watch our favorite shows, we are happy to see that there will still be a lot of special Disney fun throughout the parks!